The World University Service of Canada(WUSC) at University of Regina is looking for 4 volunteers to join the local committee.
a) Advise and mentor SRP Reps in specific tasks as outlined in the SRP Categories
b) Interact with SRP students and WUSC members
2.Student Refugee Program (SRP) Representative
- Making sure the initial community orientation is done – city map of Regina,public transportation, grocery stores, ethnic grocery stores, low price stores, etc.
- Explaining to sponsored students the maintenance of in-house installations and appliances
- Presentation of the Canadian culture – interpersonal relationships, rights andfreedoms, importance of time and tardiness, harassment, discrimination, etc
- Accompanying sponsored students for Canadian celebrations – Thanksgiving, Halloween, Canada Day, etc) for everyone
- Work closely with the Co-chairs and Treasurer when planning events and annual budget
- Prepare for arrival of sponsored students by preparing the welcome package,
- Buying household supplies, computers, and ensuring residence with Luther College
- In the case of early or late arrival of the sponsored students, where housing on campus is not yet available, it will be their responsibility to find them appropriate accommodation
3.Campus Engagement Coordinator.
- Maintain current members and recruit new members
- Raise awareness on campus and work closely with the executive members.
a) Responsible to take the lead for all events collaborating with the local committee members and executive members
b) Responsible to act as a liaison between the local committee and other clubs regarding the upcoming events
Applicants should be students and/or staff at University of Regina. Interested parties need also to have strong communication skills, understanding of the settlement process of refugee students on campus, and a keen eye for details.
The deadline for applying is October 11, 2021, with an anticipated start-date of October 15, 2021.
Please send your reason-for-interest letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please include the position you are interested in in the subject line of your email.